Sunday 15 May 2016

Running Levo






I started my day with in a rewarding way by running up to Levo.  It is 6.5km up to Levo and all up hill and steep.  I started up with phone in hand, having ridden up there a number of times on the way to Mottarone, I knew how beautiful it can be. Half way up the view had disappeared as I was surrounded by clouds. I contemplated turning around. I thought it wasn't going to be worth going through the pain and possibly having very sore legs by continuing up, but alas thankfully I kept going. 

Suddenly I was on top of the clouds and the mountain tops that had been covered for days revealed themselves. Many of them were covered in snow. Even though I could no longer see Lago Maggiore below I had decided it had all been worth it just to see the mountain tops this way. 

As I continued the cloud and fog started to disperse. You couldn't wipe the smile off my face as I could see the beautiful lake, Islands, Stresa and Verbania below me. I finally made it to Levo with a few early bird locals giving me a bemused look. I stopped at the cool little drinking well, had a quick drink before the leg pounding return. 

If you were on a bike you would continue along the ridge before tackling the rest of the brutal Mottarone climb.

The way down was fantastic, stopping at a few points to take some pictures. It was a great way to finish what was a little frustrating week with the weather. Oh yeah the legs did ache for a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment